GLOBUS 2020: Historic Cities of Eastern Canada with Ocean Train to Halifax (CCE)
13 days from Toronto to Halifax
Call 1 (801) 455-0947 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14594993
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2019
- 13 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Toronto||Welcome to Toronto, Canada's largest and most cosmopolitan city. At 6 pm, meet your traveling companions for a welcome drink. Your Tour Director prepares you for your upcoming adventure.|
|Day 2||Toronto||This morning, enjoy a sightseeing tour. Highlights include the Legislature Building; the ethnic neighborhoods; the University of Toronto; and Eaton Centre, the city's number-one tourist attraction, with more than 300 stores for world-class shopping. The tour concludes with lunch atop the 1,815-foot-tall CN TOWER, where you'll enjoy incredible views of the city and harbor below you. (B,L)|
|Day 3||Niagara Falls||Leave bustling Toronto and travel along the shores of Lake Ontario to Niagara Falls. For the adventurous, your Tour Director will suggest optional flightseeing over the falls. Then, board a sightseeing CRUISE for a thrilling ride to view the thundering falls from river level. Later, visit picturesque Niagara-on-the-Lake, where there is time to browse the shops of Main Street and visit a local [LF] WINERY for a tour and tasting. Tonight, you may wish to see the illumination of the falls as they are lit in every color of the rainbow. A special treat not to be missed! (B)NOTE:The Niagara Falls sightseeing cruise is subject to favorable weather and/or river conditions. Favorable conditions normally exist from May to November. When conditions are unfavorable, a walking tour through the scenic tunnels will be substituted.|
|Day 4||Ottawa||Travel this morning to Gananoque, where you'll board your boat for a lunch CRUISE through the waterways of THOUSAND ISLANDS NATIONAL PARK. Continue to the nation's capital of Ottawa, pleasantly framed by the banks of the Ottawa River and the Rideau Canal, for a 2-night stay. Dinner this evening is at a local restaurant. (B,L,D)|
|Day 5||Ottawa||Morning sightseeing includes the Canadian Mint, the residences of the Governor General and Prime Minister, and Parliament Hill. Enjoy a delicious Canadian specialty, a [LF] BEAVERTAIL, a pastry stretched to the shape of a beaver tail with toppings added. The balance of the day is free. You may wish to visit the world-renowned Canadian Museum of History, shop for souvenirs, or spend time at the National Gallery of Canada. For dinner, maybe visit lively and colorful Byward Market and choose from its array of specialty restaurants. (B)|
|Day 6||Quebec City||Drive north this morning to Cap-de-la-Madeleine for a visit to the BASILICA OF OUR LADY OF THE ROSARY, a national shrine famous for its fine stained-glass windows. Time to stroll through the grounds of the sanctuary and see the miraculous Madonna in the old chapel. Continue your journey to romantic Quebec City, one of the most historic and best-preserved cities in North America. This evening, enjoy [LF] regional FRENCH CUISINE at a special dinner in Old Town Quebec. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Quebec City||This morning, enjoy an included guided tour of Canada's only walled city. Until the British victory of 1759, Old Quebec was the center of New France; today, it's a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Within the walls are Place d'Armes, Laval Seminary, and ancient Place Royale. Also, see the old-world houses crowding the narrow streets in Lower Town by the St. Lawrence River and historic Plains of Abraham. This afternoon is free for independent activities. Maybe explore the historic sites, take a carriage ride, or stroll the streets of Old Quebec City. Your Tour Director will have suggestions for additional sightseeing, shopping, and dining. This evening, consider an optional dinner that includes a visit to 274-foot-high Montmorency Falls and takes you over to Ile d'Orleans, where you'll enjoy a delightful dinner at Le Moulin de Saint-Laurent, a restored 17th-century flour mill. (B)|
|Day 8||Montreal||Before leaving Quebec, we'll stop at a [LF] SUGAR SHACK for a guided tour to learn the art of making maple syrup and to enjoy a traditional sugar shack breakfast. On to Montreal, where sightseeing with a Local Guide takes in NOTRE DAME BASILICA, the Old Seminary of St. Sulpice, and a drive to the top of Mount Royal to enjoy a panorama of the city. This evening, enjoy a farewell dinner in the heart of Old Montreal. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Montreal||Enjoy a full day at leisure to explore exhilarating Montreal. Perhaps visit one of the many museums, the Biodome, or visit the Old Port and wander in the river breeze. (B)|
|Day 10||Via Rail Ocean Train to Halifax||Enjoy your morning at leisure. This afternoon, transfer to the train station and board the overnight OCEAN TRAIN to Nova Scotia. Travel along the St. Lawrence River in the comfort of your private sleeper car. (B,D)|
|Day 11||Halifax||Enjoy a continental breakfast this morning and views of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. Arrive in Halifax and transfer to your hotel. The balance of the day is at leisure. (B,L)|
|Day 12||Halifax||Founded in 1749 to protect British interests in North America, Halifax, capital of Nova Scotia, is steeped in maritime history. En route to the seaside village of Peggy's Cove, pass by the Halifax Public Gardens; see the Citadel National Historic Site, a fort perched high above the city; the Old Town Clock, as well as other notable landmarks. Afterward, journey along the winding coastal highway to the Lighthouse Route to the tiny fishing village of Peggy's Cove. Colorful houses, fishing shacks, and Peggy's Point Lighthouse are perched along a narrow inlet and on wave-washed boulders facing the Atlantic. (B)|
|Day 13||Halifax||Your vacation ends this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).